The video above is for a new show on TLC about couponing. At first I was skeptical but after looking into it I am a believer. I am a stay at home mom so anything that can save me money is a blessing. Extreme couponing here I come!!!

An Amazing Young Woman

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Adoption Update

I want to give an update about our adoption since I haven't written about it yet. On Monday, August 23rd we received a phone call from Michelle at Adoption Answer.  She called to tell us that a birth mom was presented with our profile and she chose us to adopt her baby.  When that phone rang at 9:30 in the morning and Todd said "hello Michelle" my heart dropped.  I was excited because I knew what the call was for.  She gave us background information on the birth mom and after a tearful conversation with Todd we decided to pass on this situation.  I have to say I was not anticipating this situation and all the emotions involved.  Part of me just wants a baby so bad that I will say yes to any situation and the other part of me wants to be as sensible as possible.  I believe we made the right choice but I have a little guilt because I want the birth mom and her baby to be in a safe environment and well taken care of.  I never thought we would say no to a birth mom and I hope our choice didn't hurt her too badly.


We have only been waiting for a couple months to be matched with the right birth mom but it feels like an eternity.  I guess I had this fairy tale situation in my head that our match would happen immediately.  I have good days and bad. Some days I'm really positive and feel that the call will come soon and other days I feel it is never going to happen.  As you know I am a faith filled person but I need your prayers to help me get through this time of waiting.  Thank you for your support.  

No comments: